What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folders for the Kindle app?

LeeB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a search - I can't believe I'm the only one with the problem - but couldn't find anything, so I have to ask (sorry!). Most of my eBooks come from Amazon. I had a Kindle prior to my iPad, so I have quite a few (nearly 300) books. Sorting them by Title or by Author gets a bit tedious with that many, and I'd really like to be able to put them into categories. I know I can do it on the Kindle, but I don't use it anymore (preferring the iPad). Is there any way to do it on the iPad?

Thank you in advance for any assistance offered.

Lee

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, AFAIK, the Kindle app doesn't allow you to make categories (aka Collections). Just the actual Kindle.

Marilyn

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I saw you question I opened my Kindle app to try and figure it out and I didn't see a way to do it. But if I figure it out I will post back.

OP
L

LeeB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. If anyone figures it out, please let me know. It's getting difficult trying to remember either title (or author) anymore ;) . If I could categorize them, it would be much easier.

Bezonline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could not believe the Kindle app doesn't give users the ability to creat categories...but sadly it's true! No way to create categories! Poor design...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Kindle app doesn't have folders, collections or any way to manually categorize. All it has the default filters -- recent, author and title. It's lame that way.

If we all want some kind of organizing function, we should let Amazon know:

[email protected]

Bezonline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your speedy response.. I just sent a note to the amazon team. Can't imagine this not being addressed....unless amazon would prefer people to purchase books from iTunes, where categories exist.

Most reactions