What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folders and IOS 7.0.3

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 4 with the last IOS6 version.

The one biggie I had when IOS 7 came out was folders and wonder now with 7.0.3 if there has been a fix.

With IOS 6 i could have 20 apps and bookmarks (from Safari and sent to the home screen) then dropped into a
Folder (also on the home screen) but then with IOS 7.0.0 stuck with 9 apps & bookmarks to one page. Having all 20 available to select from on a single page was great. But now searching for an App through the many pages tedious.

So, now with 7.0.3 out - is folder organization better than 7.0.0 ?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seth--I have deleted your other post that was posted in the news thread.

Thanks,

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 4 with the last IOS6 version.

The one biggie I had when IOS 7 came out was folders and wonder now with 7.0.3 if there has been a fix.

With IOS 6 i could have 20 apps and bookmarks (from Safari and sent to the home screen) then dropped into a
Folder (also on the home screen) but then with IOS 7.0.0 stuck with 9 apps & bookmarks to one page. Having all 20 available to select from on a single page was great. But now searching for an App through the many pages tedious.

So, now with 7.0.3 out - is folder organization better than 7.0.0 ?

Sorry, but there is no change in folder management. While you still can put in a virtually unlimited amount of apps in a folder, you can still only see nine per page.

Marilyn

Monalisa62003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way of making the folders/icons smaller ? Theyre incredibly big and i dont see the need.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no way to do this on a stock iPad. The folders are set by apple's coding and cannot be changed.

However, if you were to jail break your iPad, there is a new tweak called "BetterFolders" that allows you to have a 4 x 4 layout in order to display up to 16 icons per folder page (versus 9 on a 3 x 3 layout on a stock iPad).

Again, this is only for a jail broken iPad. On as stock iPad, no change is possible. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts