What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7, Apps in a folder

jerry135

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just loaded the iOS 7 upgrade on my iPad 3rd Gen and not sure if I am really all that excited yet. The contrast of the "Folders" on the screen is not as defining without the frame and the "Safari", "Mail", "Photos", and "Music" buttons appear "washed out". The update installed without problems. So far the only big complaint is that formerly only 20 apps could be placed in a folder but iOS 7 has a "better idea" ... more than 20, but only 9 to a page. Having all 20 available to select from on a single page was OK, but why make me go searching through many pages to find number 20 (or higher). Can the folder pages be expanded to show more than 9? Ideas or suggestions are welcome.

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also curious about a solution.
I installed IOS 7 on my iTouch and had feeling the limit of Apps on one page was going to a problem - so I have not yet put IOS7 on my iPad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, no, we are only "allowed" nine apps per folder page, though we do get a very large (as in, I haven't found a limit) number of apps we can put in a folder.

Hopefully, Apple will allow iPad owners (as a minimum) the opportunity to see more than nine apps in a folder at a time. But, for now, it's what we got. Guess it's and even trade; more apps but less viewable at a time.

Other than hoping, may I suggest you send feedback to Apple? Here's their feedback link: http://www.apple.com/feedback/
Marilyn

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Feed back sent to the link.

Also in an Apple store last and genius bar guy confirmed. I just had to vent one more time.

crossing my fingers that Apple will fix this soon.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Feed back sent to the link.

Also in an Apple store last and genius bar guy confirmed. I just had to vent one more time.

crossing my fingers that Apple will fix this soon.

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed, too. Maybe if enough people tell Apple to "give us more icons in folder view"...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts