What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fixing Parts Not Themed

Goavs18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok I have a question I see these tweaks mentioned a lot iconoclasm & shrink, what do these actually do? I havent jailbroken my Ipad but I have jailbroken my Iphone4s.

Oh and another thing how do you edit your icons that the theme wont change?

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. First off, I moved your question to its own thread. It was in the "post picture to show off your themed iPad" thread and I didn't want it to get lost in the scrum. Plus, it was rather off topic... :)

Rather than me typing everything over, here's a link where I gave an overview of Shrink: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/45241-shrink-change-size-icons-labels.html

Iconoclasm is a tweak that allows people to design springboard layouts. How it works, I have no idea, but there is a whole section in Cydia dedicated to it. With this, you can set up your springboard to have any style, practically, of icon layouts. You can have layouts of squares, diamonds, pages of of 10x10 icons (which is why Shrink will come in handy - so they fit), etc. think of it as Gridlock beefed up (as you can have more than the stock 4 x 5 grid.

As far as non-themed icons go, there are one of two things happening:

(1) Either there is no icon made for that particular theme, in which case you'd have to ask the developer to maybe make one, or

(2) There is one but the name of the folder, icon, file address, etc. has changed. To fix that, you'll have to dig into the theme and your iPad to see what the difference is so that you can fix them. it's not really hard, especially if you have iFile and/or something like iFunbox; it's just tedious.

Hope some of this helps/clarifies. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
Goavs18

Goavs18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as non-themed icons go,
Either there is no icon made for that particular theme, in which case you'd have to ask the developer to maybe make one, or

Marilyn

Ok I found a link in cydia for the theme and followed the link to the web site for the theme and the author has a whole forum thread dedicated for the Icons for this theme, there are over 1254 icons for this theme. people have made icons for this theme and there was a zip file with all of the icons, I downloaded it to my MBP and now I dont know how to get them to my iphone. I have downloaded Ifunbox but cant figure out how to upload files to my phone. I googled iFunbox and watched videos on how to upload apps for an unjailbroken iphone but nothing on how to add icons for a theme. HELP! please.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts