What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First scratch!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you now I'm going to be super paranoid about my 3G if/when it finally gets here. I know I won't be taking off the back plastic and it will go right into the apple case I ordered before I even turn it on. Thanks guys...
I was thinking of getting one of the more inexpensive gel or silicone sleeves and carefully cutting around where the case would interfere with the dock. It should still have pleanty of grip at the corners, so it should stay on....Are you listening vendors?

It would be a boon to be the first protective cover to allow for docking....I'm just sayin'.....

I have personally found that silicone sleeves ruin devices more than protect. Last time I got one for a phone it screwed up the screen by collecting moisture and also the body was gross when I pulled it out. Never again.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you now I'm going to be super paranoid about my 3G if/when it finally gets here. I know I won't be taking off the back plastic and it will go right into the apple case I ordered before I even turn it on. Thanks guys...
I was thinking of getting one of the more inexpensive gel or silicone sleeves and carefully cutting around where the case would interfere with the dock. It should still have pleanty of grip at the corners, so it should stay on....Are you listening vendors?

It would be a boon to be the first protective cover to allow for docking....I'm just sayin'.....

Earlier I was reading about an idea one of the forum members had. His suggestion (or hers, you never know) was to buy a book holder like the ones that fold up. It should have plenty of clearance to charge is portrait mode along with the added advantage of viewing/charging in landscape as well. Obviously I can't try it but those things are real cheap.

OP
J

jgorman13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why would you post a pic of your car. i could understand if u wanted to show off a ferrari, not a pontiac with cheesy add ons.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found my first scratch on the screen WTF i use the case with cover. Its a tiny one but it hurts me. Im mad. Think I can return it?

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Scratch

That does it. I was planning on just using the apple flip case thingy but now I am getting the Zagg. I have seen reviews where they could not scratch the screen with a huge nail.:confused:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That does it. I was planning on just using the apple flip case thingy but now I am getting the Zagg. I have seen reviews where they could not scratch the screen with a huge nail.:confused:

Why go with the Zagg? If that is a screen protector and the screen is almost impervious, it seems the flip case or similar is a better deal. I plan on getting a shell for mine, but do not want a screen protector.

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Why go with the Zagg? If that is a screen protector and the screen is almost impervious, it seems the flip case or similar is a better deal. I plan on getting a shell for mine, but do not want a screen protector.[/QUOTE]

I don't want a screen protector, I think they detract from the experience. The postings on here and the fear of scratching a 800+ dollar item are motivating me.

Could you imagine the anguish if you pick up your Ipad and notice a scratch on your screen? I would catch my eye every time. I have a Palm Pre and noticed my first scratch about two weeks ago. Now I can't wait for the HTC Evo so I can get rid of my phone.

iPad911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i found a nice hard rubber black case on ebay its $35 well worth it.
i still got my plastic on the ipad.

OP
J

jgorman13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why go with the Zagg? If that is a screen protector and the screen is almost impervious, it seems the flip case or similar is a better deal. I plan on getting a shell for mine, but do not want a screen protector.[/QUOTE]

I don't want a screen protector, I think they detract from the experience. The postings on here and the fear of scratching a 800+ dollar item are motivating me.

Could you imagine the anguish if you pick up your Ipad and notice a scratch on your screen? I would catch my eye every time. I have a Palm Pre and noticed my first scratch about two weeks ago. Now I can't wait for the HTC Evo so I can get rid of my phone.[/QUOTE]

haha unfortunately im the same way. every device i notice my first scratch it pains me until something new takes my mind off it or i get rid of it. sad.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i went with the icase and just try to be really careful. I use my keyboard dock so getting the apple slip case will necessitate removing every time I want to dock, which to me seems like a greater possibility of fumbling around with it and dropping or scratching it.

What I will try next is getting a CIMO case and doing the dreaded "Home Mod" cut out so it can fit in the dock without removing the case. I have a little problem holding onto the IPad as I am afraid of squeezing it too tight and damaging it, but the case would give more grip at least on the back surface and will still fit into my Icase, and Dock.

At least this is the plan so far.....

Most reactions