What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First scratch!

jgorman13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and i just noticed the first scratch, and it is surprisingly on the back, not the front. this sucks, i am already so ocd about this thing, and the first scratch is always a killer. anyone else notice that the back does not seem too scratch resistant?

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Not any more, with CIMOs gel case im all good! (okey, ill shut up about my new case!lol)

When I came home from the apple store that treadful morning, I noticed a dent on the back of my ipad, its about an inch and a half! After a little hard thinking I decided against returning it as it Is afterall the first ipad to be sold from the Apple store in SF and it kinda makes it special! Plus, I dont really use the back that much! :)

Last edited:

rob the elder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a custom skin from skinit for the back. Pictures of my car

Attachments

• Left front doors open small.JPG
    Left front doors open small.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 346

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really a surprise. I would be a lot more surprised if you scratched the front.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the incase padded sleeve plus as I also ordered the keyboard dock and did not want to pull the cover every time I wanted to place it in the dock.

There have been a couple of those "moments" where I let it slip in my hand a little, with the gasp of air and everything as I prevented a drop. Little beads of sweat and all.....

I think I am playing with fire a little bit without something on the back to provide a little extra grip so I don't drop it.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you now I'm going to be super paranoid about my 3G if/when it finally gets here. I know I won't be taking off the back plastic and it will go right into the apple case I ordered before I even turn it on. Thanks guys...

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you now I'm going to be super paranoid about my 3G if/when it finally gets here. I know I won't be taking off the back plastic and it will go right into the apple case I ordered before I even turn it on. Thanks guys...
I was thinking of getting one of the more inexpensive gel or silicone sleeves and carefully cutting around where the case would interfere with the dock. It should still have pleanty of grip at the corners, so it should stay on....Are you listening vendors?

It would be a boon to be the first protective cover to allow for docking....I'm just sayin'.....

Most reactions

Latest posts