What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Regent Street iPad buyer!!

iJake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, i went ahead with the camping outside regent street and now have my 64 gig wifi ipad!! i was the first one to get it and there are so many news things about me its so cool!, check out the video of me going in here!!

iPad fanboys direct from the Apple Store queue - Pocket-lint
NEWS-33368-2d018d9ca00f63c4f8275e9d7396db1b.jpg

This forum has helped me lead my excitement onto a whole new stupid excitment type level :D thanks guys x

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I saw you on TV and in my paper - didn't realise it was you! Nice one! Of course, with the benefit of hindsight if you'd pre-ordered you'd have had it delivered the day before - round about the time you were starting to queue up outside the Regent St store... ;)

Hope you're enjoying it.

Pete

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I always find these claims dubious without proof....
If it was you,enjoy your 15 minutes of fame:)

Jimbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congratulations for queuing outside, I personally was sitting on my sofa play with my iPad and have been for weeks!

I see you bought an iPad case from apple aswell there's a waste of 30 quid!

All in all not doing that well so far!

J.

iamfudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually have found the apple case to be very good at what it is designed to do. I bought different ones, but find myself going back to the apple case when taking the iPad out in public. Very thin and makes the perfect stand to type on while out at a coffee shop. If you keep it locked up at home sitting on the coffee table, then rock it naked.

Jimbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually have found the apple case to be very good at what it is designed to do. I bought different ones, but find myself going back to the apple case when taking the iPad out in public. Very thin and makes the perfect stand to type on while out at a coffee shop. If you keep it locked up at home sitting on the coffee table, then rock it naked.

By definition the CASE- is designed to what? Protect your iPad yeah?!

Take your iPad in said Case and drop it on the floor from waist height will do, not unfeasible that would happen during the course if your day,

Pound to a penny says it offers zero protection what so ever......

And give it a couple of months or so it ll look like sh*t aswell.

Waste of money......

I m all for minimal- I have incase slip cases for my iPad/macbook air,

Minimal oh yes- but for transportation offer at least a degree of protection.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are some nice alternative covers around, but with poorly thought-through designs e.g. the iPad slips in from the top, instead of slipping in from the 'hinge' side of the cover, or covers that only use little corner tabs to hold the iPad in place; I want the edges protected, with no chance of the iPad slipping out of the case!

Must say I also really like the Apple case - the overall design is just about perfect, I just wish they offered a slightly more padded version in leather or ballistic nylon with a velcro closure on the cover. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Cheers, Pete

p.s. And no logo!

Last edited:

Jimbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are some nice alternative covers around, but with poorly thought-through designs e.g. the iPad slips in from the top, instead of slipping in from the 'hinge' side of the cover, or covers that only use little corner tabs to hold the iPad in place; I want the edges protected, with no chance of the iPad slipping out of the case!

Must say I also really like the Apple case - the overall design is just about perfect, I just wish they offered a slightly more padded version in leather or ballistic nylon with a velcro closure on the cover. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Cheers, Pete

Have you looked at the incase slip sleeve?!

The fit is very snug, there is zero chance of it slipping out of the top,

There are more and more cases coming onto the market all the time, having popped into a random pc world yesterday for something unrelated they had 3-4 different cases and are getting more and more!

J

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really prefer the 'book' style cases to the slip case - I want to get a hands-on with the Marware Eco-Vue and the Incase Folio, both look like the might do what I want. Hadn't thought of PCWorld, will give my local one a try when I'm next over that way, thanks!

Pete

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember I also read you were given a iPad to try out before actually buying one. It must of been a good feeling being the first to buy the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts