What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Photos Taken by New iPad Camera Appear

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
new_iPad_sample_pictures.JPG

AppleInsider reports that the first photos to have apparently been taken with the new iPad’s 5-megapixel rear camera have shown up on Tinh.te, the Vietnamese website that on Tuesday published the first unboxing video of the new iPad. As AppleInsider notes, the photos show a marked improvement in comparison to those taken using the iPad 2’s camera, although they’re probably not as good as those taken with the iPhone 4S's 8-megapixel camera. Even so, nice to see that Apple has listened to the criticism and improved the new iPad’s rear camera. When Apple announced the new iPad last week, it detailed the 5-megapixel iSight camera’s main features and advanced optics, including backside illumination to improve the quality of photos taken in low light. These pictures certainly look adequate, but will they be enough to silence the iPad’s camera critics? And do you really think that the iPad needs a camera at all? [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: First sample photos from new iPad show dramatic improvement over iPad 2[/FONT]

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree. Not great and not as good as iPhone 4S. Not sure why camera in the 4S could not have used in the new iPad.

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to bad, it's fine and who cares what the "camera" critics think, when all the other critics have important things to criticize about.

Though, a 5 mp front camera would of been a lot more useful.

Jones_jt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks OK to me, just taken in low light. I have some terrible quality shots on my 4s and some great ones. At the end of the day the iPad is primarily a computer - the camera is an add on.

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad2 and really..even if it was the new model it would never be even be close to being used as my primary camera Of course i would much prefer the new ipad for for much better camera and graghics quality. At best the ipad2 camera takes "snap shots" i would never use it to take pictures at weddings and other important photo needs

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
I have an ipad2 and really..even if it was the new model it would never be even be close to being used as my primary camera Of course i would much prefer the new ipad for for much better camera and graghics quality. At best the ipad2 camera takes "snap shots" i would never use it to take pictures at weddings and other important photo needs
Exactly, I see it being used for "OMG look what my cat is doing right now" moments where you need a quick shot with what you have in your hand. You know, until our hands come with built in cameras too.....

Most reactions

Latest posts