What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First ever problem with Ipad 1.

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had my Pad since they first came out and this is the first time I have had a problem.
When I try to log into Itunes I get the message:- ax.init.itunes.com:80 Followed by "password will be sent in the clear. Followed by username and password boxes. Whatever I put into the boxes this just keeps reappearing. Also everything else that needs a log-in also fails to log in.
If I do a factory reset will I be able to restore all of my books etc. from my computer back-up. The reason I am asking is that none of my Kindle books appear in the Kindle app section of back-up on the computer.
Thanks for any help.
Peter

OP
P

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was wrong!

Now furiously apologising to my Ipad for accusing it of going wrong. Turned out to be the Netgear Wi-Fi extender. After posting the above I decided to try switching to the main Wi-Fi (don't know why!) and everything again worked perfectly. Switched off the extender and switched it back on again and it's working properly again. So problem solved. But worth bearing in mind for the future if anything strange like that happens again.

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also running a NetGear Extender and occasionally have to either reset it or simply power off (pull the plug) and it will be okay again. My main router is in our basement so the extender is needed to get full coverage in my house. Glad it worked out for you with a simple solution. My original iPad 1 is still going strong too.

Most reactions