What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad right hand keys

coltmanneil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my ipad for 4 years no problems but last 2 weeks all the "grey" buttons on the right-hand of the screen do not work.I have tried to do a reset to see if this might get the ipad back into service but because I cannot do a new set-up I cant complete logging back in.Anyway after a wipe(even though i cant log in)i still have not got the 4 grey keys working,this includes the back button,0,return ,the right hand symbols and the keyboard button (right hand).Could this be my screen is defective.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

NeilC

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had my ipad for 4 years no problems but last 2 weeks all the "grey" buttons on the right-hand of the screen do not work.I have tried to do a reset to see if this might get the ipad back into service but because I cannot do a new set-up I cant complete logging back in.Anyway after a wipe(even though i cant log in)i still have not got the 4 grey keys working,this includes the back button,0,return ,the right hand symbols and the keyboard button (right hand).Could this be my screen is defective.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

NeilC
Try rotating your iPad 180° to see if the problem persists. If it does, there is likely a software issue with your iPad. If the problem disappears, it's likely that there may be a hardware fault causing the malfunction. In either case, a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store for a full diagnostic would confirm exactly what the problem is.

OP
C

coltmanneil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes but at least 2 years ago!!!!!I treid rotating ,its still the same.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you live close enough to an Apple Store to make a Genius Bar appointment? The appointment and diagnosis are free.
If it does require repair you may want to consider upgrading your iPad as the cost of repair will be more than an iPad 1 is worth.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the dead spot on the screen follows as you rotate then it's a software issue. A reset or DFU restore may be in order. If it stays in the same physical spot on the screen then it's a hardware issue. Whether or not you replace the screen in that case would be up to you and your perceived value of the iPad.

OP
C

coltmanneil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI ,
I treid a reset that i know but because the right hand side of the screen doesnt work i cant log in and continue the reset.
I live near to a apple store I ll ask and see it its worth a repair,thanks.
NeilC

Most reactions

Latest posts