What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first doubts

OP
H

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I managed to put some musics on my IPAD using itunes, however from the 9 or 10 only 2 are available and can be plyed !! any reason ??

Concerning movies I did same way as for the music but ... nothing, may be I have to try a player like AV as suggested here.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Apple's own proprietary software will only accept mp3, mp4, mov etc etc. there's a list on apples spec page somewhere.

If you've synced (copied) over movies and songs that don't play or even can be viewed, then you,ll need a third party app. As mentioned, AVplayerHD is awesome for this.

Personally, I like to make sure all my movies and music is of an iPad standard, ie, mp4 and mp3. But that's just me :)
Being able to stream this lot to my HD tv via my cheap hdmi cable is just amazing.

OP
H

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok regarding music things are clear now.
Regarding movies I have already installed a player that some people say it's very good: OplayerHD lite.
Now I need to transfer movies to Ipad but so far I dont see how.It tells me the transfer could not be made as Ipad could not read them (or decode them !!)

Ok but most of all what I would like to do is: Access my media server using IPAD.Some people say It's possible.Any ideas ?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
First off, why not just convert your movies to ipad compatibility? No great shakes, just means a small bit of extra time and effort.

Secondly, it's not normal to access your media server from your iPad. Infact, it's probably impossible. That's not how things work. It just means getting used to Apple's ways. Once you get your head around this the simpler life will become for you and your device.

As I previously mentioned, all devices and OS's have their own methods of doing things, iOS is most specific. Its a pain in the ass, especially in the beginning, but you'll quickly get used to it, and considering the alternatives it's well worth it.
Techies and know-it-alls will do things differently, but for the vast majority of us, we must tow the line. But it's no hardship when you get used to it.

Take the iPad for what it is, not what it isn't. Then you'll start to enjoy :)

OP
H

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I finnally got it to work.
Gabriel1 sent me a link with instructions and it was than I could imagine.
Installed OPlayerHD and then using Itunes > select my ipad > applications > Oplayer > add and that's all.

Now i still didnt find how to remove files from IPAD , but I think that won't be difficult.

DarkRavenMoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hilfer said:
Umm I really don't know what to do.

I bought this device yestarday and I'm regretting I did.

So far I didn't manage to drop one single video file or music on it.Nothing seems to work.Sorry but I'm disapointed.

Last thing I tried was a convertion of an avi to mp4,then I conected Ipad to PC but no way to move mp4 file tothe IPAD !!

Besides that applestore seems to be an money sucker.Every single application has to be paid.

Why not simply use Air PlayIt HD which not only let's you stream any and all music and movies from your home PC but also let's you convert said media and transfer it to your iPad without ever opening the evil iTunes :)

Never looked back since installing.

Last edited:

dave_bass5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While not giving full access to my network I use Buzz player to play films off my PC and Popcornhour over wifi. Other than the high bitrate stuff it works well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts