What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FingerPrint to AirPrint to your computer

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Not on Fingerprint. On Windows. I think it is click start, right click computer, manage, services etc. check the Fingerprint service is running and set to auto ------ Windows XP may be slightly different but you should be able to find it OK.

By the way, Fingerprint depends on Bonjour to be also running and set to auto.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

BobAZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not on Fingerprint. On Windows. I think it is click start, right click computer, manage, services etc. check the Fingerprint service is running and set to auto ------ Windows XP may be slightly different but you should be able to find it OK.

By the way, Fingerprint depends on Bonjour to be also running and set to auto.

When I run Bonjour Print Wizard, it fails - says the Bonjour service is not available. Downloaded version 2.0.2 from Apple and got the same results.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BobAZ said:
When I run Bonjour Print Wizard, it fails - says the Bonjour service is not available. Downloaded version 2.0.2 from Apple and got the same results.

Is that service also running?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

BobAZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the latest version of FingerPrint (now costs $20). I finally installed and now I see the printers on my network. But when I select one and try to print, nothing comes out. It "appears" to be sent to the printer, but if I open up PrintCenter on my iPad it is still in the Que. Then after awhile I get a message that the printer is offline.

If I clear the PrintCenter and choose the same printer on my PowerBook G4, it prints just fine.

Still cannot get FingerPrint to work.

Any ideas or help?

Thanks.

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not familiar enough with PrintCenter to know if it works with AirPrint or not; but it should not be necessary for most print jobs. Try printing something directly from an AirPrint app, like Mail. Don't expect the file to show up in PrintCenter's queue.

Hawk8993

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello unlike JPP my traffic light symbol has not gone away... any suggestions? I have already restarted both my computer and I pad and the traffic lights still exist. On my iphone it says it is being sent to the printer and then just doesn't print and on the original Ipad it just gives me the options of the printers, however, when I click print nothing happens. Any suggestions are very much appreciated

Thank You.

My911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading the poet's suggestion, I downloaded Fingerprint and installed it on my PC (Vista). I had no problems at all. My Samsung printer is a WiFi model that's not AirPrint compatible. But Fingerprint let me use it straightaway. Make sure that FingerPrint is running, of course. I found that Vista was picky about letting it run as a Startup item and I had to launch it manually after I'd rebooted my PC. So check it's running in the system tray and then ensure that the printer you want to print to is selected in FingerPrint, by default it allows you to 'print' to every printer that you'd normally see in the Windows Print menu.

Tim
So,
Where is a link to Download Fingerprint for PC?
The only link I can find is to some annual subscription.

Am I wrong in thinking I am supposed to be able to buy it for a one time payment of about $20.00?

jpp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly FingerPrint is now only available as a subscription program.

But, Oprint does exactly the same job and just as well and for about the same price that FingerPrint used to cost.

http://oprintware.com/

Good luck, although you won't need it :).

My911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you.
Orpington does the job, nicely.

Most reactions

Latest posts