What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Find feature?

MadMonk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all!

I just got my iPad and I am so excited about this wonderful device!

My only problem is that I don't seem to see "find word" feature while surfing websites with many texts.

For instance, with windows based computers you can press Control+F to find words you are looking for but it seems to be missing in iPad.. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks for your replies.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
As far as I know Safari does not have a find word feature. I seldom used it myself, but the few times I did it was handy. Being a Windows and Firefox user I don't know if Safari on the Mac has it or not....

OP
M

MadMonk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. However the feature I'm looking for isn't the search feature at iPad home screen but that of finding words while using safari.

For instance, when you are reading a long article on a webpage and you want to search for a word in that article you are able to do so on a regular windows based keyboard by pressing Control and F. I'm wondering if that feature is in Ipad as well.

Thanks.

OP
M

MadMonk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know Safari does not have a find word feature. I seldom used it myself, but the few times I did it was handy. Being a Windows and Firefox user I don't know if Safari on the Mac has it or not....

Ah.. Okay. I hope they do implement this feature in the near future.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I missread the post. Interesting about safari. I have only an iPhone 3gs as ipad will not behere intil 28th may so cannnot really comment
Col

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was a website for the iPhone that you would bookmark and somehow you would be Able to use the find feature. I'm going to look for it and if i find it ill post it

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atomic has a "find on this page" in its search box but it fails on this site and crashed the browser. Anyone else using Atomic that can test here?

Last edited:

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried it on Atomic, and it didn't crash, but strangely, it found the words, highlighted them, then brought me back to the home page of the forums!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi Safari in Mac have the function :) but in WinBooze i dono what they have or not … but it’s true we miss this function in Safari mobile

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me but after a couple of tries, I got dumped to the app screen. This thing crashes more often than my last three pcs combined.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

Hi Safari in Mac have the function :) but in WinBooze i dono what they have or not … but it’s true we miss this function in Safari mobile

And I don't know what Mock OShex has but in Windows we have find features in our web browers. Safari on the iPad does not.

Last edited:
OP
M

MadMonk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would imagine many people would use this find feature (myself included) and not having it in safari mobile is strange. I hope Apple will implement this feature ASAP. :)

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Same thing happened to me but after a couple of tries, I got dumped to the app screen. This thing crashes more often than my last three pcs combined.

Atomic is known to be pretty buggy... Not an Apple app.... Just an independent developer. I don't use it and don't care, but I am sure with updates it will improve....

Most reactions

Latest posts