What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File sharing

OP
W

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Tesco now, and this worked brilliantly - even on wifi. My mac mini is not connected by Ethernet to the router, and I wasn't expecting this to work, but absolutely no problem. Woke it up with mwol, and connected with pocketcloud, which was amazingly simple to set up. Fantastic! I just need to check now whether it will connect after the mac mini has been asleep for aw. while, as I gather sometimes it doesn't like a long sleep. I'll also test after a reboot of the router, but want to make quite certain everything is working well as things are ATM. Will update. I Love this facility though - really handy!

Last edited:
OP
W

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update! My previous reply was erroneous I think! I discovered that, by coincidence, someone had woken the mac up at home, just before I tried it In Tesco! However, I now have it sussed. Firstly I hadn't realised that a wifi setup doesn't have the same MAC address and IP address as an Ethernet setup. So I deleted the wi fi set up altogether to begin with, and set up an Ethernet connection. I found the MAC address, and Ip address of that -System preferences /network/Ethernet (that's what I called my Ethernet setup) advanced and the MAC address is in the hardware tab.
Having got those sorted, it works fine now every time. I've even put the wi-fi back on again. I've downloaded PocketCloud and logmein apps to my iPad. I like them both actually - can't decide which I prefer, but they are both great and easy to use.
I just thought this might help anyone else as Mac illiterate as I am, as it took a lot of trying to get mwol to work! But I finally got there!

Most reactions

Latest posts