What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File attachment

ronmoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, there has to be a trick to do this....how do I attach a file in Dropbox to an email that I initiate on my iPad2 in the Mail application?

Thanks,

Magnetron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ronmoz said:
Okay, there has to be a trick to do this....how do I attach a file in Dropbox to an email that I initiate on my iPad2 in the Mail application?

Thanks,

I do it by highlighting the photo in Dropbox, select the paper-clip and copy to clipboard. Then in the email text area, tap and select paste. I am sure there are other ways but this one works.
Good luck.

cjkfrost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, if your jailbroken check out Any Attach in cydia, it does exactly what your wanting to do. It ads a paper clip to the email program. Simply click on it and send any type of file from your iPad, camera roll and drop box
hope this helps a little.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Use the link icon to Copy Link to Clipboard. Go to Mail and paste the link into your email.

There is no direct way to add the file as a full attachment in the Mail app (without jailbreaking), though you could use Open In to place a copy in GoodReader, then mail the attachment from there.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts