What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FakeClockUp Tweak Question!!

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've recently discovered a Cydia tweak called FakeClockUp, this tweak makes your iPad or idevice faster. It pretty much opens every thing much much quicker, for example every thing you touch to open will open very quickly after you install this tweak. I'm told it has some thing to do with the GHz and not the ram, that's how it makes your ideivce faster and you can choose from preset speeds. For some weird reason you can also slow down the idevice it's installed on as well. (I don't know who would want to do that). I know I did't really explain this in the best way but, i'm hoping for the people on this forum that are familiar with this tweak can answer my question. I was wondering if this is safe for the iPad, will the tweak wear down my iPad more quickly in the long run? I mean it really works too, every thing is much quicker by far. This tweak some how manages to fiddle around with the iPads GHz to make it fast. That's all I really know about it.

I would love some input about the tweak if any one else has come across it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have moved this post to the Hacking section.

Leigh, if I recall correctly, has written quite a lot about this tweak. It does nothing to the clock speed of the iPad's ARM processor at all. It's an 'optical illusion' because it speeds up the animation of certain aspects of the iPad, for instance the rate at which the icons jiggle, the apparent switch from one app to another but there is no actual increase in the CPU performance. Have a look at several of the posts that he's made on this tweak.

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll join Tim in saying there's a lot written about it in the Hacking section. Have a search and you'll find some good info.

I have been running this tweak since its start and have zero trouble with it. And yes, things DO apeear to run faster. It's one of my favorites...

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Tim, well recalled. This tweak is awesome but is no more than an optical illusion. The frame animation speed set in iOS is quite slow. All this tweak does is change the pause time between each frame, which is why you can easily slow it down as well as speed it up. It still amazes me how much more responsive the iPad feels with this tweak, even though it is making no difference to the actual processing speed of anything.

So to confirm, there is no harm or danger to your iPad because of this. It is NOT a true over clocker, which is AFAIK impossible on the iPad architecture in any case.

There is another tweak which does an identical thing called "Speed Intensifier" too.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really? Awesome! Thanks for the input guys, I feel a lot better using the tweak now and I'll be sure to browse around in the hacking section. But I was also told that if you increase the speed too much apps start to crash, that's the only problem I found with it so far. It's recommended that the animation speed be kept at X 2.5

zombie_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just put this on mine and its surprising how much of a difference this " appears " to make.

Most reactions

Latest posts