What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FaceTime Question

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used the FaceTime app for the first time since I got my iPad 2. I used it to talk with my parents (they each have their own IP2's). It's a wonderful piece of technology. But do both parties need to have iPads in order for the people speaking with each other to see each other? Or will it work when one person has an IPad and the other just has a laptop or desktop with a built in camera?

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FaceTime with video is only available on iPhone 4, iPad 2 and apple laptops and computers with webcams.

tomster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appsempire said:
I used the FaceTime app for the first time since I got my iPad 2. I used it to talk with my parents (they each have their own IP2's). It's a wonderful piece of technology. But do both parties need to have iPads in order for the people speaking with each other to see each other? Or will it work when one person has an IPad and the other just has a laptop or desktop with a built in camera?

You can use an iPod touch,iPhone,a mac or of course an iPad 2

Most reactions