What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FACETIME: email address in Facetime = alternate email address for Apple ID Account?

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I added a new email address to my FaceTime and received an email from Apple stating, "You recently added [email address appears here] as a new alternate email address for your Apple ID. To verify this email address belongs to you, click the link below and then sign in using your Apple ID and password."

This was added as an email to be used with FaceTime, not as an new alternate email address to my Apple ID. Should I confirm and what does it do to myna Apple ID account? Does adding an email address to,FaceTime always add that email address to you Apple ID account?

Thanks for any light you can shine on this. This Apple ID account stuff really confuses me sometimes.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I added a new email address to my FaceTime and received an email from Apple stating, "You recently added as a new alternate email address for your Apple ID. To verify this email address belongs to you, click the link below and then sign in using your Apple ID and password." This was added as an email to be used with FaceTime, not as an new alternate email address to my Apple ID. Should I confirm and what does it do to myna Apple ID account? Does adding an email address to,FaceTime always add that email address to you Apple ID account? Thanks for any light you can shine on this. This Apple ID account stuff really confuses me sometimes.
Yes, adding an email account to Facetime will add it to your Apple ID as well. Your Apple ID and password will still be the same as before, you just have one (more) alternate email address that's been verified.
If you want to use that address with Facetime, you'll have to verify it.

It can easily be removed here: https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/
Select "Manage Apple ID", sign in and delete the email address, if you don't need it any more.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts