What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook i

ipad sammy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to I show myself as invisible to everyone when logged in, there isn't an icon to adjust the setting?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not that I can find. It would be buried somewhere in the FaceBook app's settings if possible; not Settings > FaceBook, but the ones actually in the app.

Or if you are using Safari, somewhere in the site's settings.

Last edited:

Totallylagit

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is what I found.

-Visit Facebook.com, log in to your profile and click 'Account' in the top-right corner. From there, choose 'Privacy Settings.'

-From the 'Privacy Settings' page, click on 'View Settings' to see who can search for you, send messages to your account, see your education and work settings and more.

-Change all of these drop-down menus to 'Friends Only.'

-Return to the 'Privacy Settings' page and choose 'Customize Settings' near the bottom of the page. This new page will load a number of different privacy options, but you'll want to click through each one and change the setting to 'Only Me' so that nobody else can see your Facebook activity.

-Stay on the 'Customize Settings' page and scroll down to 'Things Others Share.' Here, you'll want to edit and disable settings so that your friends are unable to write on your wall, comment on posts and check you in to places.

-Return to the 'Privacy Settings' page and, under 'Apps and Websites' in the bottom-left corner, select 'Edit Your Settings.' This page shows all of the third-party websites and applications that you have given access to some of your Facebook information. If you see anything on this list that you want to remove, just click to remove it from the list.

-Stay on the 'Apps and Websites' page, scroll down to 'Instant Personalization' and select 'Edit Settings.' Uncheck the box at the bottom of this page to block other websites from accessing your Facebook interests. Select 'Confirm' when a pop-up asks you if you're sure you want to disable this option.

-Return to the 'Apps and Websites' page, scroll down to 'Public Search' and select 'Edit Settings.' To keep search engines from finding your Facebook profile, uncheck the box on this new screen.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think the OP just wanted to not show up as online under the chat section. All I could find was to actually turn chat off, and that only on the site.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just stumbled on this today, and I'm not sure how long it's been there.

Using the FaceBook app: If you swipe down on the list of members in the chat bar (the right column when viewing in landscape) you'll see a search field and a gear icon. Tap the gear icon and Turn Off Chat.

There are similar options on the iPhone version and if you visit FaceBook on a computer; but can't find any way to access the option if you visit FaceBook using Safari on the iPad. I'm sure it's buried in the options somewhere, but I have not found it.

In theory, if chat is off no one will see that you are online; but I admit I have no convenient way of testing this.

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're using the Facebook app, turn the iPad to Landscape. The Chat bar will appear on the side and there's a gear icon at the top to disable chat (like I do).

Most reactions