What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black screening

Zelgarion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This ipad is owned by my father who has fairly advanced dementia so I am lacking in information as to the history of this device or even what model it is. I'm not at all familiar with Apple products having not had any myself since my Apple II waaaaay back when I was a nipper.

It is black screening but is running. You can get voice over to work but otherwise you are stuck on the invisible lock screen. On reboot you get the apple logo but it then black screens again when it would be reaching the lock screen. The display isn’t totally dead though; if you rotate the pad the edges of the lock screen show up briefly as it rotates the display.

Any thoughts? Hard reset isn’t beneficial, itunes just reports it is on the lock screen so can’t do anything there either.

Most reactions