What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook/Friend Request for game question...

MCRVamprynxx33

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry for such a weird question, I've been trying to figure out by looking around on Facebook and googling but not having much luck.

About 2 months ago I posted a question about facebook and adding friends I somehow overlooked the fact that having multiple facebook accounts was not allowed (I since then had my gaming account I created deleted off facebook), only keeping my personal facebook account I keep in contact with friends and family. I got to thinking, is there a way to add friends on my facebook (like for games I play on my iPad) but they can only see certain posts and not all my personal posts. I rather do that if I possibly can, is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
MCRVamprynxx33

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible to create a new list on Facebook. You'll have to do it via browser, it's not possible in the FB app.

Login, and then tap Friend lists at the left:
IMG_0122.JPG

Now select Create List, enter a name and add people:
IMG_0120.JPG

When you post something new, you can select who is allowed to see that post. In the app, it will look like this:
Tap "Friends" or whatever your last selection has been, right below your username:
IMG_0110.JPG

To find the list you created, tap "More", and then "See all":
IMG_0117.jpg
IMG_0118.jpg

Then select the list you prefer for that post. Only the people you added to that list can see your post afterwards.

Hope that helps.

OP
MCRVamprynxx33

MCRVamprynxx33

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you so much J.A. :) That's one place I guess I was screwing up (I was using the FB app). I'll give that a try in a little bit.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to help.
A few things can't be done in the app, this is one of them.

OP
MCRVamprynxx33

MCRVamprynxx33

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm I didn't even thinking about making a private group, but don't I have to make a 2nd account (the group) or can it be tied to my main account? (Maybe a stupid question but never really messed with groups on FB aside from joining a few).

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course it can be tied to your account, and even better: you can easily create a group in the Facebook app.
At the bottom, tap More, then select Groups. You’ll find your groups there (groups you’re member of, groups you created).
Tap “Create group":
IMG_4491.JPG

Enter a name for your group, select the people that should be in it, then tap Next:
IMG_4492.JPG

Now you can choose it's privacy. In your case, decide between Closed or Secret. Then tap “Create”.
IMG_4493.JPG

Done!

Most reactions

Latest posts