What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Contacts

CapeCodCynic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem: I have a deactivated Facebook account that is so deeply embedded in my iPad Air that I cannot get rid of it. Even the folks at Apple Care are totally stumped.

My former Facebook account linked my contacts as belonging to the Facebook Group. Unchecking this group in settings does nothing, as it reselects itself. Also, deleting the Facebook account from my iPad Air does nothing, as it seems to be an un-executable line of code that loops back to a null without an error handler to help it along. Has anyone got a solution short of restoring to factory and reinstalling (losing two years' worth of data), all apps? Can we begin a campaign against Facebook taking over the world? Please? Isn't there a big red "Delete-Facebook-from-the-planet" button that we can all push at once and obliterate Facebook?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The problem: I have a deactivated Facebook account that is so deeply embedded in my iPad Air that I cannot get rid of it. Even the folks at Apple Care are totally stumped. My former Facebook account linked my contacts as belonging to the Facebook Group. Unchecking this group in settings does nothing, as it reselects itself. Also, deleting the Facebook account from my iPad Air does nothing, as it seems to be an un-executable line of code that loops back to a null without an error handler to help it along. Has anyone got a solution short of restoring to factory and reinstalling (losing two years' worth of data), all apps? Can we begin a campaign against Facebook taking over the world? Please? Isn't there a big red "Delete-Facebook-from-the-planet" button that we can all push at once and obliterate Facebook?

Hello! Nice to see you back after a long time.

First a question : by "Deleting the Facebook accounts from my iPad" mean you deleted the FB app?

1. If not, try doing so.

2. Try resetting your iPad and then trying again.

HARD RESET : Press and hold the power and home button simultaneously for about 10-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. In most cases of unusual app behavior, this solves the problem.

Please post back your results! Good luck!

OP
CapeCodCynic

CapeCodCynic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not the app. In the Facebook Settings App, there is a delete option to remove one's Facebook account from their iOS device. It doesn't remove the account.

Most reactions

Latest posts