What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook App Problem

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an iPad Pro (the 9" version). I also have the Facebook app. The chat function on the Facebook app is buffering all the time. It never stops. I've tried deleting/reinstalling the app. I tried pushing the home button and the power button at the same time. Neither had any effect. I also know that the problem is not my wi-fi. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm I'm surprised nobody answered you yet. I don't know why the chat would be buffering but I know the app has had some updates recently.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The FaceBook app no longer does messaging. You need to download FaceBooks Messenger app. Make sure your FaceBook app is up to date as well. If you are using an old version that still has the built in messeging feature, it probably won't work with the new messaging servers.

Once the Message app and the current verison of FaceBook are installed, tapping on a message notificaiton in FaceBook should open the Message app.

Most reactions