What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube caching/downloading apps help

Arconreef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a very slow Internet connection (768kb/s), which proves to be a problem when I want to watch a YouTube video. In order to watch a video, I must wait at least until the video is half way buffered. However YouTube will stop buffering when I'm not using the app/browser. So I have started looking at other apps that allow YouTube videos to be cached and stored, however I run into the same problem with every app: the download cancels when I switch to another app. I watch videos that can be upwards of 30 minutes in length on a regular basis, so I don't have time to wait and babysit the app while it downloads 300mb of video. Is there app that will continue downloading the video while It's in the background? Because every app I have tried is doing this, it seems like it might be a limitation of iOS. If this is the case, is there any way around it?

(What the **** is wrong with you apple!)

Thanks for the help!

Most reactions

Latest posts