What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook app for iPad

Jim47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Facebook app for iPad arrives in AppStore ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
there's no official app. just lots and lots of third party ones :)

officially, you are supposed to be able to use the full site in Safari!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Really? I just searched in iTunes app store: Facebook

4 apps popped up.

Am I missing something?

not missing anything Marie. they just aren't made by Facebook. Folks want the real thing!

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read the other day FB is working on their own app for iPad. Don't remember if they even mentioned a release date.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I heard in tech news that Facebook is working on one but there nothing concrete at this point. You can try some of the third party and find them to be good. I'm not a big Facebook person but I use Friendly (3rd party app) and works great for me.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Martlet said:
I was assuming he meant the official app that was announced, but hasn't been released yet.

Looking forward for the upcoming official Facebook app :)[/quote]

Posted on 6/19 I-lounge News section..
http://www.ilounge.com/mobile#_home

Facebook is planning to launch a native iPad app in the “coming weeks,” according to a new report. Citing people briefed on Facebook’s plans, the New York Times reports that the new application will be free, and has been specifically designed and optimized to take full advantage of the iPad. According to the report, the app has been in development for almost a year, and is now in the final stages of testing after going through several design iterations. While the Chat and Groups features have undergone overhauls for the launch, the photo sharing features—including the ability to shoot and upload photos and videos directly from the iPad 2’s cameras—will likely grab the most attention. “The photo and video experience is amazing, offering full resolution and full-screen images,” said a person who has seen the app. Facebook currently offers no iPad-optimized experience via an app or the web, instead directing users to the service’s standard desktop website.

Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg was asked about plans for such an app last November, and responded by stating that the “iPad is not mobile,” before Facebook’s mobile platform chief Eric Tseng clarified by indicating that Facebook considers the iPad to be part of a whole new class of devices, and not a mobile platform in the same way that a phone is.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts