What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook app for ipad 3

fastphil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie here, I hope I'm posting this in the correct place, I have a problem with the Facebook app for my new ipad, it's been working fine up until today but now I've lost the Update status Add photo/video Ask question buttonsFrom the top of the screen, also I can't comment on other peoples status posts, if I try I get the comments bar on the right hand side of the page and I can see other peoples comments but there is nowhere for me to type my comment! I have deleted the app and reinstalled it but it's still the same, any ideas?

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried changing the orientation of your screen? or maybe restarting your iPad?

OP
F

fastphil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes changed orientation and yes restarted iPad but still the same! I have discovered that if I leave the newsfeed page and go to my home page the status/upload photo/check in buttons reappear but I still can't comment on other peoples status posts from either page! I have been changing the account and privacy settings on the Facebook app today so could it be something I've done?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Best bet is to restart the app. Close it. Then remove it from the multitask bar to force close it.

Then restart it. This will force it to start from scratch and whatever you've done or whatever may have changed should gave gone.

Rebooting without force closing will not help, because it will simply restart the app in the same state as you left it.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

xiangopera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Best bet is to restart the app. Close it. Then remove it from the multitask bar to force close it.

Then restart it. This will force it to start from scratch and whatever you've done or whatever may have changed should gave gone.

Rebooting without force closing will not help, because it will simply restart the app in the same state as you left it.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

I am facing this problem too. I can't reply my friends' posts and this gets me flabbergasted! Tried to force close it. The problem still persists.

donnabee1973

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
Did you manage to sort this problem out as mine has just started doing the same for no reason. I have tried removing the app and loading it again but still can't comment on friends statuses?

xiangopera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donnabee1973 said:
Hello,
Did you manage to sort this problem out as mine has just started doing the same for no reason. I have tried removing the app and loading it again but still can't comment on friends statuses?

Nope, the problem still persists;)

AledJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue with not being able to comment on friends status, and have tried turning it off and re-installing. My sister has an ipad 2 and has had no problem. Just glad its not just me as i thought there some bigger issue, would be nice if its fixed soon

Trevor6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem with my iPad2 - it started yesterday morning. Very strange as nothing has been updated

OP
F

fastphil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've force closed the app, deleted it and reinstalled it and it's still the same, no status/photo/check in at the top of the newsfeed page but they are there on my home page, but I stil can't post comments on any of my friends status posts although it is possible to comment on photo posts (the photo opens in a new window) there is one other thing I've noticed - the Facebook app on my iPod touch is exactly the same, i.e. no status/photo/check in at the top of the newsfeed page but I can comment of friends status post on the iPod because that opens in a new window as well, but interestingly the Facebook app on my android smart phone is totally unaffected, it is working perfectly! Any smart people out there with a solution to this problem? It's getting to be very annoying!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am facing this problem too. I can't reply my friends' posts and this gets me flabbergasted! Tried to force close it. The problem still persists.

Just to be certain, after you have forced the apps to quit are you performing a reset like this...to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you all done your recent updates to FB?

I see my status update button in newsfeed and also can comment to friends.

AledJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to be certain, after you have forced the apps to quit are you performing a reset like this...to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo?

I haved closed the app and turned it off and then back on. Would thos not be the same or do we have to do as you suggested?

Most reactions