What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new setup + tips

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Today I purchased the Apple Wireless Keyboard to see how well it works with my iPad 4. Pairing was immediate after entering a 4-digit code supplied by the iPad 4.

So far I have determined that the following keys work perfectly on the iPad 4 with this keyboard:

Text manipulation:
Command+left arrow = go to beginning of sentence
Command+right arrow = go to end of sentence
Command+up arrow = go to beginning of document
Command+down arrow = go to end of document
Command+c = copy
Command+v = paste
Command+x = cut
Command+delete = deletes everything to left of cursor
Command+z = undo
Option+delete = delete word to left of cursor

It seems that Option+letter keys are mapped to special characters. For example, option+z = Ω

Brightness keys:
F1 = Decrease screen brightness
F2 = Increase screen brightness

Media keys:
F7 = Go to beginning of song
F8 = Play/pause
F9 = Go to next song
F10 = Mute
F11 = Decrease volume
F12 = Increase volume

There is a certain time limit before this keyboard enters "sleep" mode and keypresses are no longer recognized by the iPad - pressing the keyboard power button will wake it up. During the "awake" period, however, any key press of the keyboard will wake the iPad and the lock code can be performed from the keyboard.

Please reply with any keyboard combinations that have worked for you.

I love this keyboard! I've been wanting a Mac Mini but I'm not sure I really need one anymore. Though, OS X is quite beautiful so I'll probably get one soon anyway - I already have the keyboard :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That will definitely get some use here. Thank you.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the time limit for the keyboard sleeping adjustable? I'd hope so. Curious....

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the time limit for the keyboard sleeping adjustable? I'd hope so. Curious....
It's not adjustable, but I have found that the keyboard won't sleep unless the iPad is out of range or bluetooth is turned off.

Most reactions