What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Express shipping

epoche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keeping us Guessing

Today I saw my UPS guy Larry. Asked him to verify Saturday delivery. He called his supervisor and she said they were hiring extra drivers for the Apple iPad delivery.

My tracking says:

CHEK LAP KOK, HK 04/02/2010 4:23 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
SHENZHEN, CN 03/30/2010 4:52 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
CN 04/02/2010 8:25 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I'm still concerned about how the iPad will get to US hub, then to Phoenix, then to Tucson, then to Green Valley Saturday for delivery. I will be anxiously awaiting on Saturday to play with my new 64 Gb iPad and will be Very disappointed if I have to wait until Monday.

I payed $13 for expedited shipping, however, Apple has sent me two e-mails saying that was not necessary (that I will be reimbursed) and 4/3 will be the delivery date.

Last edited:

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I saw my UPS guy Larry. Asked him to verify Saturday delivery. He called his supervisor and she said they were hiring extra drivers for the Apple iPad delivery.

My tracking says:

CHEK LAP KOK, HK 04/02/2010 4:23 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
SHENZHEN, CN 03/30/2010 4:52 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
CN 04/02/2010 8:25 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I'm still concerned about how the iPad will get to US hub, then to Phoenix, then to Tucson, then to Green Valley Saturday for delivery. I will be anxiously awaiting on Saturday to play with my new 64 Gb iPad and will be Very disappointed if I have to wait until Monday.

I payed $13 for expedited shipping, however, Apple has sent me two e-mails saying that was not necessary and 4/3 will be the delivery date.

O.K. I called UPS today and politely asked for a supervisor because of all the various stories on the april 3rd delivery.. Here is her scoop. It does not matter if you have UPS weekend delivery in your area. UPS Worldwide is making these deliveries and if are marked for an April 3rd delivery, you will get your iPad delivered to your door on Saturday. It does not matter if you live in Tinbuktwo or bum something Egypt.. Your are going to get your iPad.. just make sure your home, otherwise it will go to your local UPS center.. Now, remember,, this came right out of the UPS Worldwide Supvisors's mouth...

epoche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
delivery date

Thanks CaptKirk for the reassurance that Saturday delivery will be pretty much guaranteed. I'll sleep better tonight.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Throw a shrimp on the barbie - ipad feeding frenzy

Its rather fun reading the comments about the ipad, it.s like a feeding frenzy:D. Here in Australia we have to wait until April 25 and then it depends on stock but all should be well. The good news is we also get to read reviews from users in USA and because of the delay in release time one can make up one's mind which one to buy. I have almost filled a 16gb iphone so I may go for the 64 gb iPad just waiting to see how big the Apps are Any way to all of you whom pre-ordered your iPADS break out the Fosters Lager light up the BBQ and throw a shrimp on the Barbie......:):):):D:D
Colin down under Brisbane

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Throw a sheep to Australia

Its rather fun reading the comments about the ipad, it.s like a feeding frenzy:D. Here in Australia we have to wait until April 25 and then it depends on stock but all should be well. The good news is we also get to read reviews from users in USA and because of the delay in release time one can make up one's mind which one to buy. I have almost filled a 16gb iphone so I may go for the 64 gb iPad just waiting to see how big the Apps are Any way to all of you whom pre-ordered your iPADS break out the Fosters Lager light up the BBQ and throw a shrimp on the Barbie......:):):):D:D
Colin down under Brisbane

Colin you are a late adopter :D , i order mine to a friend so i will go it fast la

Yann from Singapore

OP
Ellie

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is really a nice worldwide Forum

When I see all the comments from people all over the world I think how amazing computers are and how nice to see so many people agree on something.;)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aussie Aussie Aussie

most users here donot realize how far we are from USA 15 hours by 747 from LAX I am happy to wait till the dust settles my first apple was a apple ii in 1978 so been there done that every time new models came out. I could order via USA but cost will rise because of freight and commisions to place order In meatime will use my iPhone I realy don't think a lot of users realize that china is one of many plants world wide. Singapore is our main robot factory but unsure if iPads will come from there. Enjoy the experiance of apple technology cheers. Colin Australia

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see the Green Mountains of Vermont from my house. It frustrates me as much as that itch in my cast that I just can't get that iPad with the rest of you tomorrow. I just hope that you are happy with them and that you don't gloat about it. That would be cruel and unkind. Enjoy!;)

Most reactions

Latest posts