What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Express shipping

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just called UPS International Export/Import Services:
1-800-782-7892 and talked to a really nice girl. They are certainly aware of the launch of the iPad. I gave her my tracking number (mine is still in China) and she told me it will be delivered on Saturday. I explained that I live in a rural area and she told me that it does not matter where I live, UPS has a contract with Apple and all orders will be delivered on April 3. Sounds to me like the only people who will not get their iPad on Saturday, are ones who have no one at home to sign for the package. :)

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so that basic mean that the ups people are going to have a busy day sat ..

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And no mention of Fed EX, boy it would be interesting to have been a mouse in the corner when those negotiations were going on.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am thinking that UPS is going to do everything possible to make sure every package is delivered--they will want to keep SJ happy.;)

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1-800-782-7892 and talked to a really nice girl. They are certainly aware of the launch of the iPad. I gave her my tracking number (mine is still in China) and she told me it will be delivered on Saturday. I explained that I live in a rural area and she told me that it does not matter where I live, UPS has a contract with Apple and all orders will be delivered on April 3. Sounds to me like the only people who will not get their iPad on Saturday, are ones who have no one at home to sign for the package. :)
A total oposite explanation i got from the same phone number.. and not to mention a lot of other folks who called the same number... spreading BS will make you a lot of nice friends. I'm picking mine up at the local UPS store,, just what the nice girl suggested. :mad:

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A total oposite explanation i got from the same phone number.. and not to mention a lot of other folks who called the same number... spreading BS will make you a lot of nice friends. I'm picking mine up at the local UPS store,, just what the nice girl suggested. :mad:

I did not intend to offend you or anyone else. I am not "spreading BS" and certainly not trying to make friends just reporting what I was told as many others have done. Done posting here!!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, no worries. We'll find out in a few days! I appreciate you reporting the info you received.

jeffbulet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, no worries. We'll find out in a few days! I appreciate you reporting the info you received.
hey iDan is ur ipad still on shenzen,CN and the status still in transit? my ipad still in transit on shenzen,CN:(

hanmik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Express shipping is next day or second day delivery service. However if UPS does not deliver on Saturdays or Sundays in your area then following business day applies. I am in one of those areas where UPS does not deliver on weekends. Can you believe the Capital of Calif does not offer this service, but 10 buck two in the back woods of Arkansas does.. WOW.. I just got done rerouting my delivery to my local UPS store that is open on Saturday and they claim i can pick my package up at 9:00 a.m. on Sat morning....

I beg to differ with you, I live in the backwoods of Arkansas and looks like I will have to wait until Monday. I gotta tell you, I'm one upset hillbilly who needs his tech fix! Me and all my "backwood cousin's" might be loading up and taking a trip to "Caliefornya" to show ole stevieboy how we feel about this. :)

Last edited:

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Decided not to let Captkirk keep me off here--I have learned so much from this great site.

I live in Eastern Ohio (rural area) and have been trying to find out all day if we have regular Saturday delivery with no luck. At 4:45pm I received a call from UPS and was asked if someone would be home on Saturday to sign for a package from Apple. Of course, I said yes. She told me that they were calling all on a list to make sure that customers would be home--if not, the delivery would be on Monday. She could not give me a specific time which is fine with me.

My iPad is now in Alaska--so excited!!:D

jwookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to apologize in advance for being off topic:)

Here's my favorite "Timbuktu" joke while we impatiently wait for our iPads.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The finals of a National poetry contest had arrived. Only 2 contestants were left, one a distinguished man from Harvard University and the other a redneck from Arkansas.

Rules stated that each was to compose a 4-line poem in one minute or less.
The poem had to use the word "Timbuktu"

Harvard Man went first.
30 seconds after the clock started he got up and recited his poem.

Across the burning desert sand. . .
Came the camel, caravan. . .
Flags were flying and the sky was blue. . .
Destination -- Timbuktu.

The audience went Crazy. How, in the world could the redneck could top that?

The clock was restarted and the redneck sat in silent thought.
Finally, in the last few seconds, he jumped up and recited:

Tim and me, a-huntin' went...
Found three girls inside tent...
They was three, we was two...
So I bucked one and Timbuktu...

:D

OP
Ellie

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My tracking just showed departure from China about 2 hours ago. But hey, it will be here in the MB area by tomorrow.

OP
Ellie

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't forget China is 12 hours different from Eastern US time. When it is 4:23 AM in China it is 4:23 PM in Eastern Time US. Don't know what time zone you are in. I am on the East coast so I figure it will be here in Myrtle Beach Around 4:30PM tomorrow and it will be delivered the next day.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts