What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired but Itunes insists Updated

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help. Im on beta3 4.2. When the ios 4.2.1 , it wont let me update saying I have the current version.
And so I waited till it expires, this morning . Beta3 expired. I saw this USB image and Itunes saying I have to connect to Itunes.
Connected to Itunes, a pop-up came out saying it is expired and needed to upgrade. I click ok. Then I hit update, BUT still Itunes says I have the latest version.
Now what do I do? I already did hard reset. Same thing happens. :mad:

Any thoughts people??:confused::eek::confused:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Joy, that happened to me too! I just kept at it. I figured it was the whole world trying to update with me!

Just keep at it, woman! I didn't have beta though.

OP
j0yful

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Joy, that happened to me too! I just kept at it. I figured it was the whole world trying to update with me!

Just keep at it, woman! I didn't have beta though.

thanks for the encouragement. downloading the current version manually right now.
I think all my apps have gone their separate ways as well. Itunes said It wasnt able to download ibooks, that means my books are gone. right?! :mad:

OP
j0yful

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last few posts re Tiny Umbrella. I am not sure this pertains to you, though!

I dont know that umbrella thing LOL :D neither what DFU is LOL:D

I have to try this manual update hope it'll work. According to itunes my ipad cant be back up. Crazy isnt it? I hope I dont have to resort to restore. Coz I cant remember what I put in there already!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just down load iTunes direct from apple.com then install it and all will be fine your beta version cannot detect the difference that's all piece of cake ....umbrella is for rain lol nothing to do with this upgrade believe me
Col

OP
j0yful

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is killing me! 22 mins left till download is complete!

OP
j0yful

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay! I did it , successfully updated to 4.2.1 :D

Whew! Now I can breath normally!

Thanks Col. I got the ios4.2.1 from apple's site.

Most reactions

Latest posts