What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exchange ActiveSyn - Generating huge IIS logs?

tecboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Syncing Inbox and about 80 subfolders for the last couple of weeks. IIS log files were about 40-60mb per day. All of a sudden a couple of days ago, they started being between 300-400mb per day. Any reason for this or a way to fix?

oneseventeen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the same issue. I'm now writing a script to compress and archive them to another server.

Killed my exchange box before I told IIS to send their log files to a secondary drive. (logging to the C drive on a critical server is a very bad idea apparently :p )

I'd love to learn what caused this and why it was so sudden when we've had iOS devices hitting exchange. Perhaps an update changed the way Active Sync works?

OP
T

tecboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never did figure out what caused the log files to grow so large...only happened once(so far-fingers crossed). I since have moved the log file folder to a non system partition in case it would fill up. I also have a program running that i have set up to auto delete all files older than 1 day. That is scheduled to run every friday...that keeps the log file nice and tidy...

UnaCrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did any of you by chance activate a wireless keyboard at the time this started?

Most reactions