What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weird app syncing issue

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a day or three ago. my ipad mini 2 started downloading some apps from the app store that i never searched for. i deleted them. the next day a few more. i realized that these apps were actually being downloaded by my WIFE's ipad air, so i figured out that some kind of wifi syncing is going on that i'm not aware of...could this be?

anyway, to complicate matters, itunes was giving me problems a few weeks ago so i tried rolling back to a previous version and i encountered more problems. the result is itunes no longer exists as a working program on the pc. it sits there, inert, with lots of orphaned files laying dormant on the pc, and which i was intending to uninstall MANUALLY at some point in the future...maybe now might be a good time.

and i never ever at any time enabled wifi syncing in itunes because i like to do things manually.

what's happening? am i right..is there a wifi syncing thing going on in the background or is it something else? if it's wifi syncing i may have to get rid of the dormant itunes. could there be another reason or solution?

thx
ps,,,we use the same apple id on all our ipad devices and none of the other ipad are downloading apps, only my pad mini off my wife's ipad air, NOR is this happening in reverse - ie, her ipad air syncing off MY app downloads

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You probably have the auto download switch turned on for your Mini.

To stop the automatic downloading of apps to your Mini, go to the "iTunes and AppStore" section in your Settings app. Scroll down and find the block titled "Automatic Downloads" and make sure the line titled "Apps" is off (no green showing). That'll stop those downloads.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings>iTunes & App Store>Automatic Downloads and see if the Apps switch is enabled. If it is, slide it to the left so it doesn't show green. This will stop your iPad from automatically downloading any apps that your wife downloads on her iPad Air.

Since the problem doesn't work in reverse, she must have automatic downloads turned off on her iPad.

Edit: beaten by Marilyn and her speed writing.:)

Most reactions