What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exceeded number of package names?

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So cydia has been working just fine since the new jailbreak came out but today out of nowhere I got this error in the attachment. I didn't install anything since it last updated correctly. Now nothing in the installed or changes tab shows up. Same for sources. Any idea how I can fix this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 275

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This error comes up because you have too many packages for Cydia to handle. The solution is to delete some of your sources to lower the amount of packages Cydia has to load when you go to it (or refresh).

I would not recommend deleting the default sources - just take a hard look at the ones you've installed yourself. Once you've removed some of the packages/repos, this error should stop.

Marilyn

OP
Z

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah is that all? I hear you don't need the ultra snow repo if you're not on an older device. Is this true?

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an idea or thought: since the iOS 7 tweaks and such don't work with the older version and the amount of resources are capped .. Is there maybe a way to split up the packages to iOS 6 <<< and iOS 7+.
Thanks for the tip.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an idea or thought: since the iOS 7 tweaks and such don't work with the older version and the amount of resources are capped .. Is there maybe a way to split up the packages to iOS 6 <<< and iOS 7+.
Thanks for the tip.

That's done on the repository end unfortunately. Our client sided access/cache does not have the ability to filter as so, though Saurik probably should allow for filters based on iOS since there are still active devices on iOS 6, but that would require developers to take an extra step in applying tags

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah is that all? I hear you don't need the ultra snow repo if you're not on an older device. Is this true?

That's true. So, yea, I'll change my advice to "I recommend you don't delete the default repos, except the ultra snow one ... if you're on a newer device." :)

Sorry, I forgot about that one. I already had deleted from my devices because it always threw up an error. But - that's not what's causing yours as you'll still just need to remove some....

Marilyn

mradamfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cydia allows 65,000 packages... The default are 41,000.. If new are added, you'll receive that error. Limit yourself?f to adding only one other large one like A Piracy Repo or A Piracy Repo, etc... Between the default and A Piracy Repo, there aren't many more you really need. Hope that helps

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules Removed Names Of Piracy Repos

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts