What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything to do with XMAS!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live near some Griswold houses. I wonder whether aliens see their light displays from outer space and wonder, what the crap is that?

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dread to think how much it costs to light up their houses. It looks lovely though. We do go round the local towns every year, just to see what people have on display. The one in Yeovil stops the traffic. Unfortunately, it is right on the bend of the road going into Yeovil so this can cause traffic. Lovely to see though. Well, I've bought the prezzies on-line and watched A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey. Maybe Santa Who? Tonight.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I dread to think how much it costs to light up their houses. It looks lovely though. We do go round the local towns every year, just to see what people have on display. The one in Yeovil stops the traffic. Unfortunately, it is right on the bend of the road going into Yeovil so this can cause traffic. Lovely to see though. Well, I've bought the prezzies on-line and watched A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey. Maybe Santa Who? Tonight.

I have thought of that myself. $$$

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
just bought the dvd ITS WONDERFUL LIFE,you get a black and white version and a colour version as well

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I live near some Griswold houses. I wonder whether aliens see their light displays from outer space and wonder, what the crap is that?
trouble is some have the lights on till the early hours,you need blackout curtains lol

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i love the holiday spirit, but when the actual days come and you have nothing to do, is the bad feeling

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cannot do lights in Vanuatu.
1. They don't sell lights
2.the cost of power is 5 times that of Australia
3. The power draw would black out the island for days.

Would take us 6 months to pay off the bill!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
55julie55 said:
Cannot do lights in Vanuatu.
1. They don't sell lights
2.the cost of power is 5 times that of Australia
3. The power draw would black out the island for days.

Would take us 6 months to pay off the bill!

From what I remember watching Survivor "Vanuatu" you don't need lights. The night sky blazes with twinkle and colour. Before my time ends, I hope to see the Magellanic Clouds and the Southern Cross with my own eyes.
AA

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
From what I remember watching Survivor "Vanuatu" you don't need lights. The night sky blazes with twinkle and colour. Before my time ends, I hope to see the Magellanic Clouds and the Southern Cross with my own eyes.
AA

I was in Fiji last year and the stars at night were amazing and so clear. You really don't realize what we can't see living in cities as we do.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
AA

The Northern Lights are a must-see-before-I-die experience yet to be enjoyed.

I have experienced fabulous night skies up in the Andes. One big problem in urban areas is light pollution at night.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Christmas shopping is a breeze, thanks to online retail. I can do it all in a few hours.

I love not having to go anywhere to Christmas shop. No more wrapping or standing in line at the post office, either. I just buy stuff online, have it wrapped and sent, w00t.

If you send stuff like gift cards, apps, e-books, you can even do it on Christmas Day, lol, because those can be delivered digitally almost instantly.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
I was in Fiji last year and the stars at night were amazing and so clear. You really don't realize what we can't see living in cities as we do.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yes the night lights are amazing
You can see the full milky way in all it's glory .
I use a great sky app to star gaze called go sky watch.
It's great.
We do have a lot of cloud cover at night which renders the night pitch black.
On these nights you cannot see a thing

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Christmas shopping is a breeze, thanks to online retail. I can do it all in a few hours.

I love not having to go anywhere to Christmas shop. No more wrapping or standing in line at the post office, either. I just buy stuff online, have it wrapped and sent, w00t.

If you send stuff like gift cards, apps, e-books, you can even do it on Christmas Day, lol, because those can be delivered digitally almost instantly.

So true! My prezzies are starting to arrive now! I hate those Xmas crushes. It's what put me off of doing it again. I've gone on-line for two years now and it's great. I also sent my Christmas cards via an app which allowed me to put our family photo on it. My mum loved it, she thought it was a great idea. We've started the decorations but instead of doing it all at the same time, we are doing a little bit every night, so much easier.
We had a lovely log fire last night, I have so missed that! The only problem you have is having to get up, put the iPad down and feed the fire. Oh well, sacrifices have to be made. Maybe my next purchase will be coal!

Most reactions

Latest posts