What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything to do with XMAS!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
It's not Xmas without Bing and his Holiday Inn film! I also have to watch It's a wonderful life with James Stewart.
I love the Santa Claus movies.
Scrooged
The muppet Christmas carol and Muppet Family Christmas Tick
The Jim Carey A Christmas Carol and Patrick Stewarts version Tick
Jingle All The Way
Elf
Christmas with the Kranks
The Grinch
The Polar Express
Jack Frost. Tick
The Snowman
Fred Claus
The Santa Claus movie original
Santa Who?
Robbie the reindeer
The Holiday. Tick
Love Actually. Tick
The Miracle on 24th Street - both of them!
Bad Santa
Shrek The Halls
Doctor who Xmas specials of course! Should have put that first.
Christmas In Boston. Tick
Four Christmases
Nativity
Toys
Home Alone
I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus
Christmas Vacation
Once Upon A Christmas
12 Days Of Christmas
All I Want For Christmas
The Nightmare Before Christmas. Tick
Ghosts of Girlfriends Christmas past (I think that's the title- I love Matthew M.)
The Family Stone
Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
Prancer Returns
Secret Santa
Christmas Angel
Penguins of Madagascar Xmas edition
God, we own all of these! Massive fan of Xmas - sorry! I'm sure I've missed some!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Hayles66 said:
I was just talking to Richard and wanted to show you where we used to take our kids. It was really special. It was the West Somerset railway and they have Santa visits where you go on the train and you get hot choc, tea, coffee and a mince pie. You could have stronger of course! Then we would go to the next train station where Santa was in his grotto. The kids would get their Xmas prezzies (parents would give the age and gender of kids going) and then we would go back to the station again. Such a lovely idea and keeps the old steam trains going. There are other rides like Dunster in candlelight which we have never done but I expect it's spectacular. There is a National Trust castle there which we love we love visiting but we've never been in winter.

That's a great story. I copied one of the steam train pics. My grandfather was a conductor on the now extinct CP Passenger Rail system. Every Christmas he gave me something railroad related. He'd take me on the train with him sometimes.
Just a short haul.
Thx for the memories.
AA

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool story, Hayley :) stream trains are so cool.

I've started to dust off my Christmas albums. Started yesterday with The Beach Boys one. Only listened to half of it but I was a little underwhelmed!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't have them. I've been enjoying Michael Buble's new Christmas album. Very nice. I've got the Now That's What I Call Xmas album as well. I love Annie Lennox's Xmas album. I think it was released last year? Can't remember, if not, that's when I got it.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Right as requested - my Xmas film list!

1. The Holiday
2. The Santa Clause (Tim Allen)
3. The Nightmare Before Xmas
4. Love Actually
5. Christmas Carol with the Muppets
6. Jack Frost
7. Christmas In Boston
8. A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart)
Now I'm going to have to look at my list at the beginning of my thread - sigh!

Well, I've added 2 more I had forgotten about.

I LOVE all the Xmas Carol movies. I search on my DVR and now Netflix for any version I can find.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I was just talking to Richard and wanted to show you where we used to take our kids. It was really special. It was the West Somerset railway and they have Santa visits where you go on the train and you get hot choc, tea, coffee and a mince pie. You could have stronger of course! Then we would go to the next train station where Santa was in his grotto. The kids would get their Xmas prezzies (parents would give the age and gender of kids going) and then we would go back to the station again. Such a lovely idea and keeps the old steam trains going. There are other rides like Dunster in candlelight which we have never done but I expect it's spectacular. There is a National Trust castle there which we love we love visiting but we've never been in winter.

What a lovely story, Hayley. I love the photos too. In Kent there ISA light Railway preservation society which runs the Kent & East Sussex Railway. 10.5 miles of track between Tenterden and Bodiam. They run a Santa special with SC and his elves on board. I haven't experienced the event, but there is a You Tube film on the K&ESR web-site.

Knave been to the railway for a special summer occasion with demonstrations of hop picking, and hop preparation, morris dancing etc. All great fun. Also, I agree its great to see steam trains surviving.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
What a lovely story, Hayley. I love the photos too. In Kent there ISA light Railway preservation society which runs the Kent & East Sussex Railway. 10.5 miles of track between Tenterden and Bodiam. They run a Santa special with SC and his elves on board. I haven't experienced the event, but there is a You Tube film on the K&ESR web-site.

Knave been to the railway for a special summer occasion with demonstrations of hop picking, and hop preparation, morris dancing etc. All great fun. Also, I agree its great to see steam trains surviving.

Our band played 4 sets there back in 2010 at the Tenterden Station during an open weekend.......to quote Kiss, it was hot, hot, hotter than hell! But great fun all the same!

The Archangel

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you hot, hot, hot?

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Our band played 4 sets there back in 2010 at the Tenterden Station during an open weekend.......to quote Kiss, it was hot, hot, hotter than hell! But great fun all the same!

The Archangel

Barking Ted? I recognise the topper! ;)

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My countdown to winter is starting. .... Step 5 - Avatar changed. ( A countdown from 10 may be hard, although a c/dn from 12 would be apt <BG> ) ;)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Christmas tree goes up today!

YAY!!! Post a pic for us when you are done.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It ain't Christmas 'til I've watched this at least twice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts