What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even John Carmack doesn't get an iPad early!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
john-carmack-2010.jpg

The legend, and innovator of First Person shooting games John Carmack has just been awarded his third lifetime achievement award this month. During an interview with Kotaku, John mentioned he had to wait like everyone else and wasn't able to get an iPad early. Come on Mr. Jobs, have a little respect for this guy and send him one!

John has been very active in bringing games to the mobile platform. ID Software will have a major release coming to the iPad and iPhone with the new upcoming game RAGE.

You can checkout the full interview here: John Carmack Has Three Lifetime Achievement Awards, No Early iPad - Gdc backstage - Kotaku

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love id software games, Wolf3d, Doom and Quake/Quakeworld were my fav games growing up.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a demo of ID's latest game RAGE for the iPod Touch / iPhone / iPad. This game looks awesome!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUi_XmAQDLY]YouTube - Rage from ID software REAL gameplay[/ame]

Craig

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
The potential for gaming on the iPad will reach new heights once developers like id can really sink their teeth into the platform. It is my estimation that the iPhone was just a warm-up for Carmack and Co.

Imagine an immersive, open-ended game running on the Rage engine that was fully touch driven. That would be like playing a game in another world by viewing it through a looking glass. Bliss!

Most reactions

Latest posts