What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

European pricing is out!!!! And a joke...

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Germany:

Wifi:
16GB €514
32GB €614
64GB €714

3G:
16GB €614
32GB €714
64GB €814

Italy is €14 less....

Pricing varies about €20 up or down, because of copyright protection fees in Europe.

OP
K

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And the funny thing is, that my imported 32GB did cost me the same as I would have to pay in Germany..... LOL

I was considering to get me a "german" model, when it is availlable. But now it's still way cheaper to get one imported from the US.

I.e. the German 32GB Wifi is €614 = $783. This is mad.....

Last edited:

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But Euro iPad prices are broadly in line relative to other Apple products, e.g. entry-level Macbook Pro in the US is $1199, 32Gb iPad is $599, or 50% of the MBP price. Here in the UK the MBP is £999, the 32Gb iPad is £499.

Apple.de list the MBP as €1149, so a 32Gb iPad at €614 is a little over what you might expect, but hardly falling into the 'joke' category - remember that US prices don't include sales tax/VAT. Of course, if you want to take advantage of the strong Euro and buy direct from the US, then that's your right - just don't forget to declare it at customs when you bring it home ;)

Pete

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who's calculate the surcharge percentage compared to the US price?

OK, £UK price minus VAT and converted to $US puts the WiFi range at a little under 8% more in the UK than the US for the 16 and 64Gb models, and about 4% more than for the 32Gb.

SPJ has said that the 'cost of doing business' in the EU is about +7% overall, so these prices are pretty much in line with that - whether you believe him or not ;)

Pete

Most reactions

Latest posts