What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erasing mail messages from ipad search engine

Mazzystarflying

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to forums so hopefully I'm asking this question in the correct way. I cannot find the answer to this.
If I swipe to the very first "page" for lack of a better word and put any letter in the iPad search NOT safari my mail pops up and I can read deleted messages from my email. I do not want people seeing my emails and I can find no way of erasing this search engine saved mail. It's been deleted from my mail for some time but is showing up in the search engine. I had to completely erase my iPad account and start over to remove my mail. I've cleared safari but this seems to do nothing on the iPad area search. Again now I can see the little mail icon and all of my new private emails are there for anybody to read who types in this area of my iPad. This is a huge security issue for me. Any help would be very appreciated. I hope my question is understood :)

AnnaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Go to Settings
General
Scroll down to Spotlight Search
Untick Mail

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings
General
Untick Mail

Thanks for that tip, Anna. I'm sure a lot of people will find it useful.

OP
M

Mazzystarflying

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, that easy? I feel so dumb! Thanks so much. That was really stressing me out. You rock!!!

rekha.vai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Settings
General
Untick Mail

But Checking it again brings back the erased mails again. So wher do the deleted mails reside and how to delete them permanently?

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check your mail settings as they could be in the trash folder. Also, if you're using gmail you may need to change settings to go from archive to delete.

Most reactions

Latest posts