What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unexplained YouTube search

MatB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, my partner recently discovered an obscure and unexplained search in our disable daughters YouTube search engine, on her iPad.
She is unable to type in the sequence of numbers and letters that make up the search and the words you have to type in, in order for the search engine to predict the sequence that we found in the search engine is too specific for our daughter to have composed it.
Has anyone ever experienced anything similar? How could this happen without someone actually typing it into the search engine? is there any way of finding out when the search was performed?
We're really concerned and any insight and/or advice that anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is voice search. If you're daughter is capable of saying something clearly, she only has to tap the microphone to the right of the search field and speak. That's a fairly new feature. Might take a few tries to get the microphone tapped, or maybe it was tapped by accident.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Selecting a YT link in Safari or Mail will open it in the YT app, if it's installed.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
M

MatB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, really appreciate your help/input.
I'll have a play around with the voice search tonight.

Most reactions