What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erasing content and settings

Prem vrath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 2 wifi running on 6.1.2 and its jailbroken and I want to erase all content and setting should I erase all the content and setting or something else

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome, I've moved your post to the hacking section where hopefully you will get the help that you require, good luck!

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, you should never use that option on a jailbroken device.

You have 2 options.

If you want to keep the ability to be able to jailbreak on the iPad2, you probably should look into iLex RAT. It has an option (Number 12) which will do something similar to Erase All Content and Setting, but it will work and maintain your jailbreak and Cydia. See the thread here for more info - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hack...-tweaks-without-restoring-rejailbreaking.html

If you are not bothered about jailbreaking any more and simply want to restore to the latest version of IOS, which cannot be jailbroken, then connect to iTunes and simply restore.

Hope that helps!

Most reactions