What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erase all settins - not working

glen4cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

I have a new iPad 3, and I am handing down my iPad 1 to my daughter. I want to keep the same Apple ID, but setup an iCloud ID on it for her, but, I want to clear most of my apps off, and only put on the ones she wants on there, and there are a few that I have bought, such as Angry Birds that she likes to play.

Anyhow, when I select the Erase All Settings, I put my PIN in, and the progress bar flashes on the screen for a fraction of a second, and then goes off, the screen goes blank, save for the little spinning disk thing in the center of the screen that will stay for a very long time.

It is my understanding that the progress bar should fill and then the iPad should reboot, and then start anew.

The iPad in question is Jailbroken with iOS 5.01 installed. I have not plugged it back into the PC since I have transferred everything to the new iPad.

Thanks in advance for how to make this work.

rtruett14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try restoring it on iTunes (connected to your computer).

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you might be wanting to erase back to factory state, but what you're doing is just resetting settings. They're two different processes. I don't know how a JB might affect things, but here's a link that might shed light between restoring settings vs. restoring to factory state:

How to Reset iPad Settings - For Dummies

Both of these processes can be done on iPad.

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you must restore in DFU Mode in iTunes. erase all content and settings will brick a jailbrokwn device.

Most reactions