What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erase all content and data? HELP!

thegreenassasin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to reformat my iPad just to clean it up so I could organize it the next time around. So I went into the settings and I clicked the "erase all content and data" so I did that and it came up like two pop up notifications asking if I was sure because it was going to erase everything. I clicked okay twice and then it went to a progress bar screen, that finished in like 1 minute and ever since then its been stuck at the apple logo screen.

Its been stuck at the apple logo screen for like two days. Has anyone else ever clicked this? Does it usually take this long? Or do I have to like reinstall the OS on it because when it said it erases everything, it erases the OS also?

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try holding down the power button and home button at the same time for 20-30 seconds. That should force it to reboot. That should do it. If that doesn't work you would probably have to exchange it.

digitusta9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that happened to me too

hold down power and home button same time for 10 seconds after it release power button and keep pressing home button then connect to iTunes screen must come after that connect you iPad with your computer then restore

Most reactions

Latest posts