What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enhance folder background image problem

VeGt0m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I bought FolderEnhancer yesterday, however, even though I have the option to use image file turned on, the background of my folder is the same stock colour. Now when I use the theme Buff4iPad (which has it's own folder icons) when I open the folders the background is that of my home screen background. So why won't this work with no theme or other themes such as AIR for iPad?

Would really appreciate the help!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It only works if the theme you have applied has a specific folder enhancer background included. Some themes don't have them.

OP
V

VeGt0m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know if inPulse theme for iPad does? Was thinking of buying it. However I want a theme which my folders will have my home screen background rather than the stock black colour.

Thanks a lot for the reply btw!

OP
V

VeGt0m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone who has inPulse can answer this? As I don't have a lot of money to spend so I want to buy a theme which I know fits what I'm looking for. Since I bought FolderEnhance I'd really like to get a theme which shows the background image as my home screen wall paper.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood. You should ALWAYS be able to see the background of your iPad with folder enhancer. Go to the settings and turn "Use Image File" OFF and make sure if you have changed the "Background Color" option that you reset all the sliders to the left hand side. That leaves the background transparent by default and folder enhancer will show your desktop background as the background for folders.

What I was describing was where a theme provides a specifically designed Folder Enhancer background. To see this, you turn "Use Image File" ON.

InPulse for iPad does include a specific Folder Enhancer background image, but you can ALWAYS use the same background as is applied to your theme if you correct the settings as I said above.

OP
V

VeGt0m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much f4780y! I got it now :). Just had to turn the image file off. I may still purchase inPulse though. Looks like a nice theme.

Most reactions