What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engraving ideas

amkmeco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to get ipad3 for my wife's birthday and was looking for cool ideas for engraving. Need some help?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
amkmeco said:
I'm going to get ipad3 for my wife's birthday and was looking for cool ideas for engraving. Need some helpdde03?

Remind her why you married her.

I have to admit, every time I've had an idevice engraved I ended up regretting it for one reason or another. Hopefully your luck will be better than mine in this regard.

OP
A

amkmeco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Remind her why you married her.

I have to admit, every time I've had an idevice engraved I ended up regretting it for one reason or another. Hopefully your luck will be better than mine in this regard.

Thx. That's a wonderful idea

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
OR!!!!!

As engraving will permantly alter the device, look into a skin for the back instead. I got one for my iPad from Zaggmate and not only does it protect the back from scratches, it still works with the different cases. That way, when it comes time to upgrade, you will be able to get a better price with it not being engraved.

I used my favorite photo from my last trip to Scotland. When I sold my iPad, I just pealed it off and had a pristine back surface.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gelaskins does personalized skins too, just supply your favorite pic. They also do a front skin for the boarder of your iPad. Engraving does mark it for good, just in case you want to resell it when a new iPad comes out it will be easier to sell with no engraving.

OP
A

amkmeco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j joy j said:
Gelaskins does personalized skins too, just supply your favorite pic. They also do a front skin for the boarder of your iPad. Engraving does mark it for good, just in case you want to resell it when a new iPad comes out it will be easier to sell with no engraving.

But do u know any way to get a skin engraved with words not pictures?

OP
A

amkmeco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somerled said:
Put the words as a picture.

I've found that I can engrave the smart case that I'll get through apple. this is much better for me just if we decide to trade that iPad later.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My boyfriend engraved mine with "Melissa's precious". I didn't know he was going to do it, and its not something I would've done myself, but I thought the gesture was sweet. I guess if I ever go to sell it I'll worry about what potential buyer's will think at that time.

OP
A

amkmeco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mdholm said:
My boyfriend engraved mine with "Melissa's precious". I didn't know he was going to do it, and its not something I would've done myself, but I thought the gesture was sweet. I guess if I ever go to sell it I'll worry about what potential buyer's will think at that time.

:))

BatieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased 2 iPads one for myself and the other for the wife as a first wedding anniversary gift.
I had both simply engraved with our wedding date - 02 / 07 / 2011

Simple but effective. It's pretty tiny and personally it wouldn't put me off buying the iPad if I were buying it as a used unit.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has our last name and reads
"last name " then our first names
Established April 2, 1988

So the names and our wedding date is written that way

Most reactions

Latest posts