What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Embedded links in ibook documents

Mesdag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Could someone tell me how to open embedded links in an ibook document?

Thank you very much for your help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If it really is a web link, all you have to do is tap on it. Safari will open and take you to the page.

If it is a URL that isn't actually a link (just text), there is no direct way; but there is a workaround.

Tap and hold on the text until you get the magnifying glass. Release and use the drag handles (blue dots) to change the selected text, if needed. Choose Search from the popup menu. At the bottom of the search results choose Search Web.

This will take you to Safari and a Google Search result page. Since you searched for a URL, the page you want should be one of the top hits.

Note: Some links are internal to the book and take you to the referenced page in that book.

OP
M

Mesdag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much twerppoet! I am afraid it doesn't work... I have tried to click on them and it is not working. They are all weblinks, not text. J have dowloaded through dropbox to my ibook and adobe applications and none of them work. Do you know by any chance another reason why this could be happening? I havw tried with several documents already :(

Thanks for your help!

Mesdag

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah, you are talking about PDF books, not ePub. You are right, the links and text selection won't work.

I don't have any PDF files with links, so I can't test; but GoodReader allows you to select text and do a Google search with it, much like I described for iBooks. PDF Expert will also let you select text, but you have to copy it and paste it into the search bar.

Those are the only other PDF apps I have besides iBooks.

Most reactions

Latest posts