What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Epub rendering problem in Ipad iBOOKS

Raja1205

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have created an ePUB sample with the embedded TAMIL font "SHREE-TAM-0800.TTF" and loaded in Ipad iBOOKS.

It displays well but reflow is causing the words to break at awkward places at the end of the line (Refer attached screenshots.)

Note:
1. Words highlighted in the screenshots should be a single word and must not break up.

2. It displays correctly in the browser "Firefox" without word break.

Is this “iBOOKS†problem or “FONT†problem?

Please also advise how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance for suggestions and help.

Attachments

• IMG_0104.png
    IMG_0104.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_0101.png
    IMG_0101.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 490

amitc888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope there is no space before the broken word, if not then you have kept the hyphenation OFF instead of ON either on device or CSS. Try below two things and check if this works:
First, in your CSS check if your hyphen value is set to "none" if so then make it "auto". If not present then add "hyphens: auto;" for the body text.
Secondly, check the device hyphenation option, if it is "OFF" make it "ON".

Hopefully this must work and the word broken will have a soft hyphen wherever it breaks at the End of Line.

Amit.

OP
R

Raja1205

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have tried the above mentioned procedures but still no use.

I have solved this issue by changing ".html/.xhtml" content into UNICODE text and now looks great.

ursvmg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have tried the above mentioned procedures but still no use.

I have solved this issue by changing ".html/.xhtml" content into UNICODE text and now looks great.

Hi Raja,
Could you please tell us how to convert a PDF document having embedded tamil font to ePub?

Thanks,
Gopal

Most reactions