What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emails not restored to iPad

alzomb001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Yesterday I accidentally deleted all my emails from the sky website. This automatically deleted all my emails on my iPad. I requested a restore last night which was completed and all seemed ok.
I have all my emails back on the website but only the headers on my iPad.
Is it possible to get the complete emails back on my iPad without having to go to the website and send each one to my email address.
Any help gratefully received.

Thanks Al

OP
A

alzomb001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, It appears that a simple full power off cures this problem. Just done it and full emails are back. Thanks for looking.

OP
A

alzomb001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I spoke too soon. Although the emails appear they then disappear again, even ones I've just read. In the end I deleted the account from the iPad and set it up again. This meant that the emails flooded in and I had to sort those required and those not wanted. At least I got the emails back on the device. Al

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like a POP3 account. I hate those. Check and see if your provider offers an IMAP or Exchange server alternative setup. This will save you from the returning emails thing. You may still end up deleting and re-adding your email account on occasion, but the impact will be minimal.

Many people end up using the email account provided by their ISP. These are often POP3, which is one reason to avoid them. The other reason is that your email address ends up tied to that provider, making it harder to change providers later if you move or find a better deal.

In my opinion a third party email provider is better. It's portable, and almost all of them are IMAP. Some suggestions are your free iCloud email account (which you can still use even if you throw away all your iOS devices), Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail. There are others.

GaryKerkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a simple task to redirect your email from most ISP accounts to, say, a Gmail account. Gmail offers IMAP and presently allows you about 15GB of free storage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts