What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email address

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have several email addresses but when I collect my email it’s not obvious which address it’s been sent to. If I tap on my name in the header on my iPad it just lists all possible email addresses it could have been sent to. Quite often the top address is for my Kindle which very rarely gets used. Any suggestions?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's a glaring flaw in the Mail app. In my case, I have all my other email accounts forward automatically to my Gmail inbox, which is the only one my iPad checks for new mail. Since it's IMAP, I can open Gmail as webmail in a browser, and the actual "to" address is visible at the top of each message. Lame workaround, but it's all I can think of.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have several email addresses but when I collect my email it’s not obvious which address it’s been sent to. If I tap on my name in the header on my iPad it just lists all possible email addresses it could have been sent to. Quite often the top address is for my Kindle which very rarely gets used. Any suggestions?
If you use the Apple Mail App, you will see under the sender your own name plus the email it has been addressed to.

OP
Willster

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you use the Apple Mail App, you will see under the sender your own name plus the email it has been addressed to.
I do use Apple Mail App and it doesn’t specify which address it was sent to, it just lists All my addresses.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I do use Apple Mail App and it doesn’t specify which address it was sent to, it just lists All my addresses.
Have double checked mine. For two addresses it indicates in the header which email it is addressed to. For another - if i tap my name it will then indicate the address it was sent to.

OP
Willster

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’m running the latest iPad OS and it just lists all my addresses.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you see the list with email addresses, one of them should have “Recent” above it. That’s the one it was sent to:
IMG_7220.jpeg

OP
Willster

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll check that out. 😉

Edit: Yes that seems to tally except I’ve just noticed that mail sent to my iCloud and Gmail accounts actually give the address in the header.
Yet another good reason to make my iCloud address as my default - I’m slowly migrating it all that way. As soon as Apple accepts it as my primary I’ll be closing most of my other email addresses. 😉

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts