What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emails in deleted folder cant be viewed?

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does the ipad condense emails or something once they are sent to the deleted folder? From time to time I get this error:
"This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program. text/plain"

The message viewed fine when it was received?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the ipad condense emails or something once they are sent to the deleted folder? From time to time I get this error:
"This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program. text/plain"

The message viewed fine when it was received?

Now, this is just what I think happens...

The iPad is a mirror of what is on the server. The Inbox is the active mirror and it's linked (in some way) to the email server. So, when you move the e-mail to the Trash, you're breaking the link/connection back to the server, so the Mail app can't "find" the e-mail.

Therefore, when I get that message, if I move the e-mail back to the Inbox, it shows up fine.

Again, I really don't know the technical aspects of it. I just know that, so far, every one I've moved to the Inbox after seeing that notice has opened with no further issue. YMMV. :)

Marilyn

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thanks, I just tried that but it didnt wok for me, oh well i'll have to do it the old way and log in lol

Most reactions

Latest posts