What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email trouble on iPad vs iPhone

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have multiple email accounts on both iPhone and iPad.

The account that is through ISP is set up same way on iPhone and iPad. But when I delete emails on iPad they seem to come back.

Only had a few on iPhone and deleted all from iPad and then shortly afterwards still had a few on iPhone but over 100 on iPad.

Why do they keep coming back on iPad and why doesn't it sync on devices like @icloud.com email does??

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the account set up as POP or IMAP account? If possible, set it up as IMAP. There you can choose in the settings to delete the emails you deleted on your device from the server. On the iPhone, this would be "remove from server when removed from Inbox", or something like this.

Hope that helps.

OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for info. But it doesn't allow IMAP. Why goes iPhone handle differently than iPad

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the option in the email account settings to delete emails you removed from your iPad Mail Inbox from the server?

OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes and I did that and came back twice after that. But haven't come back for a while now. Crossing my fingers.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes and I did that and came back twice after that. But haven't come back for a while now. Crossing my fingers.

You can try removing the account from the mail app, if you are using the native mail app for iDevices, and then re add it.

You dan also try a reset.

RESET : Press and hold the home and power button for 10-29 seconds until you see the Apple logo. You will NOT loose any data.

Most reactions

Latest posts